Terms and Conditions
1. Explanation of AgreementInitially, let us thank you for your expression of confidence in hiring us to act as your Marriage Coach, as described below. It is our belief that a clear understanding between the Coach and the Client with respect to the terms of this Agreement and our fees is fundamental to a good relationship. We pride ourselves on our exemplary communication with our clients and on ensuring that they understand the process and feel comfortable with it. This Agreement will begin that process by explaining in detail our mutual expectations and obligations to each other. It also will provide you with a reference for any questions that might arise during our relationship.
2. Client and CoachThe term coach (“Coach”) hereinafter refers to Better Marriage, and any individual acting as a Coach or Accountability Coach for Cedia Media Pty Ltd.
The term client (“Client”) hereinafter refers to you, the purchaser of this program.
3. Definition of CoachingCoaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and Client, in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to access and maximize their personal potential. It is designed to facilitate the development of better marriage skills and to develop and carry out a plan for achieving those objectives.
4. Our RelationshipThe Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (Coachfederation.org/ethics). It is recommended that you review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior. The Client is responsible for creating and implementing the physical, mental, and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions, and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship, coaching calls, training, and interactions with the Coach. The Client agrees the Coach is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. The Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy, nor does it prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease. The Client also understands that results are dependent on the clients actions and no specific outcomes are implied or promised.
5. Coaching Is Not Medical AdviceThe Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical, or other qualified professionals, and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed.
The parties agree to engage in an 6-Month Coaching Program (“Program”) comprised of the
- 1. 7 weeks of video training and study.
2. Weekly group calls (“Coaching Calls”, “Calls”) with a Marriage Coach via Zoom or other digital
medium for a period of 6 months.
3. 8,45 minute 1-1 sessions via zoom to be used at any time during the engagement.
7. Attendance and HomeworkIt is the Client responsibility to ensure attendance at all Calls and other training. The Client is required to attend all Coaching Calls at a rate of 1 of each per week, starting from the execution of this Agreement. The Client is also responsible for completing any assigned homework. The time of the Coaching Calls will be determined on a weekly basis and the Client will be given a minimum of 5 working days notice of the time and location.
8. Cancellation of Coaching CallsIf the Client is unable to attend a weekly coaching session, please provide the Coach 24 hours notice
9. ConfidentialityThis coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. The Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
10. RecordingsClient understands that all Calls will be recorded, both video and audio.
The recordings and any other materials prepared in the course of the production and distribution of the Calls become property of the Coach, and the Coach shall have the sole and exclusive right to use, exploit, and distribute such recording, throughout the world, in perpetuity. The Coach will limit exposure to the Client by not releasing the Client’s last name. The Client understands and agrees that he or she shall receive no compensation for the Client’s appearances on and participation in any of the recorded Calls.
11. Intellectual PropertyClient acknowledge that the Coach is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights and all other rights in the materials and content the Coach uses within the Call and all training sessions, both physical and online, and nothing in this Agreement or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the intellectual property rights in such material or content to the Client. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of, or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials that the Coach uses or provides.
The Coach reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. The Client
may terminate this Agreement for a period of 7-days after this agreement has been signed by
the client, by sending written notice to [email protected] The Client will be refunded
any “unused” portion of the program fees. After the 7-day termination period has passed, the
Client agrees that the Coaches’ agreement has been satisfactorily delivered in full, and no
refunds will be made.
13. Limited LiabilityExcept as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
14. Reliance on MaterialsThe Client should not rely on any materials provided by us or posted on our website for personal, medical, legal, financial, or any other type of advice, and we strongly recommend you consult an appropriate qualified professional where necessary. We disclaim all liability rising from any reliance placed on our printed or online materials, or by anyone who may be informed of any of the content of our materials.
The Coach aims to update materials and add new content on an ongoing basis, and, as such, the content could change at any time. Any of our materials, online or other, may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material, nor are we liable for any reliance placed on such material.
15. Force MajeureThe Coach is not liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including those caused by COVID-19 or any variants
16. SeverabilityIf any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
17. WaiverThe failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
18. Applicable LawThis Agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and New South Wales.
19. Entire AgreementThis Agreement reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered, or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.
If the foregoing terms and conditions are agreeable to you and accurately reflect your understanding of our relationship, please indicate your approval and acceptance by dating and signing this Agreement. Please retain a signed copy of this Agreement for your files.